Ingredients for 6 Tostadas
- 6 fried tortillas
- 1 cup of warm refried beans
- 2 cups of cooked and shredded skirt steak or your favorite meat, veggie or seafood
- 3 cups of Shredded romaine lettuce
- 1 medium size tomato, chopped
- 1/2 small onion, diced
- 1 cup of crumbled queso fresco (fresh Mexican cheese). (Feta and Parmesan are a good substitution).
- 1 avocado diced or sliced
- 1/2 cup of Mexican cream or Creme Fraiche
- A good salsa of your choice
You can use left over meat from a different cut of meat. Shred it or cut in small bite-size pieces. If you are starting from scratch, cook the meat earlier or the day before. I like to cook the meat in the morning and always make enough to freeze and use in other dishes.