Here is a great excuse to use Poblano Peppers that are still in season and prepare a delicious sauce that helps reduce the spiciness of the peppers. This is my own version where fresh corn and Mexican fresh cheese is added. Serve with grilled chicken and a salad for a full meal. This easy recipe will not disappoint you. I am lucky enough to find poblano peppers at my local Farmers Market with the spiciness that I remember growing up with. Nowadays what you find at the supermarket is lacking in flavor. The addition of the cream will help reduce the heat of the peppers.Ingredientes for 4 servings:
- 8 oz. (1/2 package) of spaghetti or the pasta of your choice
- 3 Large Poblano Peppers previously roasted and deveined (see HERE for roasting instructions)
- 1 Tablespoon of vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup of white onions, finely chopped
- 1 Large garlic clove or 2 small ones
- 1/2 cup of milk
- 3/4 cup Mexican Cream or heavy cream
- 2 Teaspoon of chicken bouillon in granules form
- 3/4 cup fresh corn (optional)
- Fresh crumbled Mexican cheese for garnishing (optional)
- In Mexico this dish is traditional made using spaghetti, but you can use other types/shapes of pasta.
- If you like, reserve some strips of the peppers for garnish.
- I very rare used Chicken bouillon but in this recipe it works great. If not using just add salt to taste at the end.
- Yes, you can use other types of creams like sour cream or cream cheese if Mexican Cream is not available, the same applies to the cheese.Instructions:
1. While we prepare the salsa cook the pasta according to package instructions. Drain and set aside until you add the sauce.
2. Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat, add onion and garlic. Cook until onion is transparent, about 5 minutes.
3. Place the roasted poblano peppers, cream, milk and chicken bullion into the blender.
Blend until until you have a smooth sauce.
4. Add the sauce to the skillet and cook on low for about 6 minutes. Add corn and peppers strips if using. Stir frequently.
5. Add the cooked paste and mix or serve the sauce over the pasta in each individual plate as shown in the top picture.
My son loves this pasta and is always asking that I include it in our weekly menu. Try it at home and let me know if you like it.¡Buen provecho!