INGREDIENTS FOR 16 TAMALES:
For the filling:
- 1/2 pound cooked shredded chicken
- 1/3 cup green peas (canned is ok)
- 1/3 cup of already cooked carrots, diced
- 1/2 cup of already cook potatoes, diced
- 1 1/2 cup of salsa roja recipe* HERE
- salt & pepper to taste
For the Dough:
- 3 cups of Masa Harina for Tortillas
- 1 1/3 cup of Lard
- 2 1/2 cups of the chicken.
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 16 Large Corn husk to wrap the tamales
_ For a detail explanation to from the tamales check HERE
If you have any questions please let me know in the comments section.
I hope you make them… If you do, please come back to let me know your experience.