For McCormick, one of this year’s trends is Mexican World Tour: from a growing taste for regional Mexican fare in North America to early exploration in China, cultures across the world are embracing authentic elements of this bright, bold and casual cuisine.
SERVES 4 (One cup each)
- 1 cup of pineapple, diced.
- 1 cup cucumber, diced
- 1 cup mango, diced
- 1 cup jicama, diced
- 1 1/2 cup fresh orange juice
CHAMOY SAUCE* Makes 2/3 of a cup of sauce
- 1/2 cup apricot jam
- 2 Tablespoon fresh squeeze lime juice
- 1 teaspoon McCormick Red Crush Pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick Ancho Chile Pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
SPICY SWEET AND SALTY POWDER Makes 1/4 cup
- 1/4 cup of granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon of Hot Mexican-Style Chili Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 4 drops McCormick Red food Coloring (Optional)**
1 cup of pineapple is about 1/4 of a regular size pineapple, 1 cup of cucumber compares to a medium sized cucumber, 1 cup of mango equals one mango, and 1 cup of jicama is about 1/2 of a medium sized jicama. I’m giving you this information to help you when buying the fruit.
* The recipe for this Chamoy sauce is really delicious, and my son even loves it with chicken wings. If you’re someone that enjoys these types of flavors, I recommend that you double or quadruple the amount to have it handy in your fridge.
**This seasoning powder is usually red in color when sold in small packages, you can choose not to use the food coloring, since the flavors of this recipe will not be affected if you do not use the food coloring.
4. Final step. Divide the fruit into cups with some of the orange juice. Pour some of the Chamoy Sauce and sprinkle with the Spicy Sweet and Salty Powder. Enjoy!
McCormick is being super nice by offering a giveaway of their Anniversary Edition product to one reader. Included are both black pepper and vanilla extract (not available in stores), a McCormick recipe book, and a branded canvas tote – a pack valued at $50. McCormick is marking its 125th anniversary by celebrating the role flavor plays in all of our lives, inspiring flavorful conversation, and giving back to communities around the world.
All are invited to join the conversation at FlavorOfTogether.com, where they can share their flavor story and discover globally inspired dishes, videos, news articles and more. Stories can also be shared on social media using #flavorstory.