This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc., and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone.
With the Holidays approaching fast, family and friends gatherings can get a little hectic and those in charge of cooking know very well what I am talking about. I used to get very anxious when having guests coming over, but not anymore. Over the years I have collected party food tips from here and there, and with a little planning, a few staple items in my fridge and pantry. Now I can welcome friends and family anytime. I usually have canned tuna, smoked oysters, 2 or 3 types of cheeses, mayo, olives, bread, veggies and fruit. Plus some seasonings to spice things up a little. Today’s recipe is very easy to prepare and uses few ingredients. I’m using Tabasco Original red sauce in this recipe because it is a hot sauce that does not leave you sweating, but it is rather a sauce that enhance the flavors of the other ingredients in your the recipe. At home we love to use it for many different types of foods, including hamburgers, popcorn, shrimp cocktails, and pizza. Pizza in this household wouldn’t be the same without Tabasco Sauce. It’s a very versatile sauce with a unique flavor which can go very well with all types of foods.
The smoked oyster dip is a typical recipe in the Mexican gastronomy, and particularly recommended as a snack for a delicious party food around Easter, the vacation week of Semana Santa. If you are a seafood lover this recipe will be one of your favorites.
Have you noticed that Tabasco Sauce is always in the top shelf at the grocery stores? I took this picture at the Giant Store across the street but if you go to any other supermarket they are always in the top shelf. The large bottle is our regular size here at home.
MAKES ABOUT 2 CUPS
- 1 Can (3.75 oz) smoked oysters
- 2 Tablespoons heavy cream or sour cream
- 1 Package (8 oz) Cream Cheese, room temperature.
- 1/4 Teaspoon Tabasco Original Red Sauce*
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Chopped Chives or green onions to garnish (OPTIONAL)
- * 1/4 teaspoon of Tabasco Sauce might seem like a lot to some, but the cream cheese helps the flavor blend and creates the perfect combination.
- If you prefer, you could use Tabasco Jalapeño or Habanero Sauce. It gives the dip a new twist in flavor.
- This dip is ideal for your Holiday gatherings since you can make it ahead of time or just in a few minutes while you entertaining your guest. #SeasonedGreetings #CollectiveBias
1. Place smoked oyster in your blender with the 2 tablespoons of heavy cream. Mix well until you have a chunky texture or if you prefer until very smooth.
2. Gently mix the cheese until it has a creamy texture.
3. Add the oyster mix and Tabasco Sauce. Mix until all the ingredients are well combined.
4. Season with salt and pepper. Taste it spreading some of the dip over a cracker or piece of toasted bread. And if needed add more Tabasco Salsa, as I do. Yum! Serve with crackers, veggies or toast.
If you have some holiday party recipes or delicious party food ideas, please share with us in the comment section.