One of the things we love to do as a family is go to the movies, which of course, leads to us having a lot of movies at home. This summer, our favorite movie was Guardians of the Galaxy, and now it’s finally available on home video. To watch the release of this fantastic movie, we prepared these Spicy peanuts as a snack. It’s a snack loved by many in my country, and is usually sold in small packages, but is also really quick and easy to make at home.
But to tell you a little more about this movie and the recipe, my teenage son is writing for the first time on the blog. Enjoy!
Hey guys, David here. Before I talk about this movie, let me start off by saying that I’m a huge cinephile and I actually saw this movie five times at the movie theater. FIVE. TIMES. I know, I have a problem…
But anyway, lets get started...
Guardians of the Galaxy is a departure not only from the atmosphere of the previous MARVEL movies, but from the standard of what a superhero movie should be: the story of a virtuous, powerful hero defeating evil and saving the day.
Instead, Guardians tells the story of a group of misfits who have each had their own setbacks, and are forced to team up to fight extraordinary odds. Star-Lord, Gamora, Drax, Rocket, and Groot have very little in common, and it seems as if they’ll never get along, but as they struggle together through conflict, and even defeat, they’ll find out that not only do they need each other, but the galaxy needs them.
With it’s lovable characters, stunning visuals, and nostalgic 70’s music, Guardians of the Galaxy is a wonderful story of friendship and adventure that will make you panic, laugh, and even cry at times.
This movie was a blast to see in theatres, and if you didn’t get the chance to see it on the big screen, definitely make sure to pick up a copy at your local Wal-Mart to watch with your family.
OK, and now on to this super easy snack recipe:MAKES ABOUT 3 CUPS
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- 1 lb of peanuts (the ones with the skins still on)
- 6 whole dried Arbol peppers
- 2 thinly-sliced garlic cloves (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
If you don’t find Arbol peppers you can substitute them with piquin or any other dried pepper available in your area.
1. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat and add the peppers and garlic. Sauté peppers and garlic for about 2 minutes to release their aroma.
2. Add the peanuts, lower the heat, and stir frequently to avoid burning them. Keep roasting for about 7 minutes. By this time, the combination of the garlic, pepper, and peanuts will be very fragrant. Season with the salt and remove from heat. Place in a serving container to cool and enjoy!
4. If you want to make the peanuts even spicier, grind some of the roasted arbol peppers and mix again. The peppers will be very crispy and easy to crumble over the peanuts.
That’s all folks!!!