Ingredients for 16 Tamales
For the Dough:
- 3 cups of Masa Harina for Tortillas
- 1 1/3 cup of Lard
- 2 1/2 cups of the broth where you cooked the meat.
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- Salt if needed (Broth has already salt added)
For the Meat:
- 3/4 pound of pork shoulder cut in cubes.
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/4 white onion
- 1 Bay leaf
- 4 cups of water
- 1 teaspoon of salt
For the Sauce:
- 2 Ancho Peppers cleaned, deveined and seeded.
- 3 Guajillo Peppers cleaned, deveined and seeded.
- 2 small garlic cloves,
- 1/3 teaspoon of fresh ground cumin seeds
- 1 Tablespoon of vegetable oil
- Salt and black pepper to season
- 16 Large Corn Husks plus more for the steaming pot
Instructions for the filling:
Serve with a warm cup of Atole.
I hope you make them and, if this recipe was of any help to you, please come back to let me know your experience. I will really appreciate your feedback.