A compensated campaign by Mode Media and Mazola. Recipe & opinions are my own. #MazolaPlatoSano. EN ESPAÑOL
Brochetas or Alambres are our Mexican beef kebabs; they are made with a few ingredients that include onion, green pepper, bacon and beef. They are really easy to prepare and we love to grill them on our small cast iron Hibachi grill. But if you have a gas grill the results are still delicious. I sometimes prepare them indoors in my stove top cast iron grill. I live in an apartment and grilling outdoors is one of the things that we miss the most. In Mexico, like in many countries we love to grill our “carnes asadas” (grilled meats) using charcoal. And, even though we like to grill different cuts of meat, for this recipe is better to use a tender cut like beef tenderloin or rib eye since, these are some of the finest cuts of meat form the cow that render softer, juicer and flavorful steaks.
We love to eat them with flour tortillas and with side dishes like guacamole, grilled nopales and a spicy salsa.
- 1 1/2 lb. rib eye, cut in about 1-inch cubes
- 1 1/2 tablespoon Mazola oil
- Salt and pepper to season
- ½ medium size white onion, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 green pepper, cut in to 1-inch cubes.
- 3 thick slices of bacon, cut in 1-inch pieces.
- 1 red pepper, cut into 1-inch cubes.
- 2 large metal or wooden skewers
- If you use the wooden skewers, make sure to soak them in water for at least half an hour to prevent burning the edges or just cover the edges with aluminum foil.
1. Place meat in a medium size bowl, season with salt and pepper and toss with the vegetable oil.
2. Preheat the grill to medium-high and lightly oil the grates.
3. Now thread the meat and vegetables onto the skewers, following this pattern: Start first with the onion, then green pepper, bacon, meat, red pepper and onion. Repeat until all the meat has been placed onto the skewers.
4. Place beef skewers on the grill and cook until browned. At least 3 minutes per side. Remove from grill, cover with aluminum foil and let it rest for about 5 minutes before serving.
Serve with warm tortillas, a spicy salsa and guacamole.
Mazola Statement: Mazola® Corn Oil makes your traditional dishes more delicious, and gives the flavor that your family likes. The Corn Oil not only gives you great tasting food, but a recent study found that it can also help lower cholesterol more than extra virgin olive oil. Visit http://www.mazola.com/spanish or join the conversation on Facebook for more information
How do you like to marinate your grilled meats?