This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #ColorYourSummer #CollectiveBias
For some of us, summer weather is already here. Like for me: living in Dallas means hot and humid days this time of the year, although I still haven’t experienced the 100-degree days that everybody keeps telling me to be ready for. The truth is, I’m not really looking forward to them, but I will definitely be prepared to keep myself indoors during the hotter part of the day, and enjoy the evening in the backyard under the shade of the trees with a large pitcher of a good Agua Fresca.
Cucumber-Lime agua fresca is among some of the popular drinks for those hot summer days. An easy to prepare drink that takes the term “agua fresca” to the next level, it really tastes like fresh times 2! Cucumber, lime juice, sugar, and mint to garnish, and you’re all set to make a pitcher of freshness!
For those hot days, I always have aguas frescas and cut-up fruits in the fridge as snacks. That is why I love Rubbermaid products, and now they have some limited edition cool colors like my new Pitcher in Calypso coral, also available in Lagoon Blue. They make such a fun way to serve drinks! The pitcher lid has three positions, one for free pouring, another for pouring with ice guard, and closed. It’s a large pitcher, but a very comfortable handle makes it easy for lifting and pouring. I’m a small person and can still handle it very easily. But you know what’s the best part? It’s dishwasher safe, as long as you don’t place it near the heating element.
Now, let's go to the recipe.
MAKES ABOUT 1 GALLON OF AGUA FRESCA
- 1 large English cucumber or 2 garden cucumbers (about 3 cups when chopped)
- ½ cup of lime juice (about 4-6 limes, depending on the size or juiciness of the limes)
- 6 cups of water
- 2/3 cups of sugar
- 3 cups of ice cubes
- 3 small sprigs of mint
- Some lime & cucumber slices to garnish the drink.
- Use the type of cucumber available in your area; just make sure to remove the seeds.
- I like to garnish this “agua fresca” with the mint sprigs, but some people add it with the whole mixture into the blender. That will depend on your personal taste.
1. Peel the cucumbers and remove the seeds using a spoon. Chop cucumbers into chunks and place into the blender. Gather all the ingredients to prepare the agua fresca.
2. Add the 2/3 cups of sugar, ½ cup of lime juice, and three cups of the water into the blender.
Process for a couple of minutes, until everything has been processed into a smooth mixture.
3. Now, using a strainer, pour the mixture into a large sized pitcher. In this case I’m using my Rubbermaid pitcher. Press down on the strainer with the back of a spoon to extract as much liquid as possible. Afterwards, discard those residues.
4. Add the remaining 3 cups of water and 2 cups of ice cubes, then stir and refrigerate for an hour. To serve, place some slices of lime or cucumber in the glasses and garnish with a few mint leaves. Enjoy!
I found my Rubbermaid pitcher at my local Kroger store, just a few blocks away from my house. I hope you stop by and check them out. Look for that really handy Rubbermaid party platter, also. With these cool summer colors, they’re great for picnics or family gatherings. The party platter is very lightweight and you can keep different types of foods separated; it also includes a handy leak-proof inner container to hold dips, which nests snuggly into the base.
- "These great Rubbermaid products are also available at any Kroger banner store location."
"Click here to save now on Rubbermaid Summer Products" HERE
I hope you have a fun summer time and enjoy Aguas Frescas!