- “Post sponsored by Mirum Shopper. Opinions are 100% my own.” #PruebaElSaborDeKnorr
For days I’ve been telling you all about this creamy guacamole on my previous posts, and it’s finally here: the recipe for my own version. I’ve added the Habanero peppers for two reasons: the first being that I like to spice things up (and habaneros never fail at doing that!), and second is that Habaneros are currently in season, and right now is the best time to buy and use them! Just check out your local supermarket or farmers market.
One thing I discovered about this recipe is that it keeps well up to the next day, so it’s really good for those times when you are hosting or need to go to a party and need to make the guacamole ahead of time. That and the fact that it does not contain tomato, which can create a messy look and change in color after a while, makes this recipe a great option for a side dish or appetizer you can make in advance. Just carefully place a plastic wrap covering all the top surface of the guacamole and it will be fine.
I hope you enjoy this recipe and create your own combinations.
MAKES ABOUT 2 CUPS
- 2 medium sized avocados
- ¼ cup of Hellmann’s mayonnaise
- 1 Tablespoon Knorr Tomato Bouillon with chicken flavor
- 2 Tablespoons lime juice
- ¼ cup red onion, diced
- 1 Habanero pepper, finely chopped
- 2 Tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves.
You can find the original recipe at the bottom of this post.
1. Cut avocados in half, removing their pit with the tip of you knife. Place avocado flesh into a medium size bowl and mash. I like to use my bean masher for this purpose, but you can use a large spoon or even a fork.
2. Add the Hellmann’s mayonnaise, lime juice, and the Knorr Tomato Bouillon and stir well.
3. Finally, gently stir in the onion, habanero pepper, and chopped cilantro leaves. Taste and season with salt in case it needs it, according to your personal taste. I personally don’t add salt, since the Knorr Tomato Bouillon adds lots of flavor.
Enjoy with some corn tortilla chips. To add an extra kick to your tortilla chips, dust them with some smoked paprika powder right after frying!
Thank you, Knorr® and Mirum Shopper for selecting me one more time as your Brand Ambassador! Check our for future events at your local Walmart.
Between now and August 31, select Walmarts in Los Angeles, Dallas, Houston, San Antonio, Phoenix, and Miami will have special in-store events to celebrate the back-to-school season.
Leave a comment and share you experience with the recipe.
If you are on Pinterest, check our boards with hundreds of delicious ideas I'm pinning for you!