This salsa is made with fresh ingredients and is very common in central México where it is used for tacos “Al Pastor” or other grilled meats. It is a very refreshing version of the cooked tomatillo salsa.
MAKES 1 1/2 CUP OF SALSA
- 3 fresh tomatillos, husk removed chopped
- 2 chiles serranos or 1 jalapeno chopped
- 6 springs of cilantro, chopped
- About 2 tablespoons of chopped onion
- 1 medium size Avocados
- 1/3 cup water
- Salt to taste
1. Place the tomatillos in the blender with the chopped onion, serrano peppers and water. Process to a coarse texture.
2. Add the cilantro and the pulp from the avocado. Process again to desired texture, either smooth and creamy or chunky. Add salt to taste.
Enjoy! ¡Buen provecho!
If you prepare this salsa, come back to tell me about it!