- 1 1/4 cup dried peeled fava beans, soaked overnight.*
- 5 cups of water
- 1 slice white onion, to cooking the beans
- 2 plum tomatoes or 1 large tomato, peeled and diced**
- 1 tablespoon vegetable or olive oil
- 1/3 cup white onion, finely chopped
- 1 large garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 cup nopales, cooked and drained.
- Salt and pepper to taste***
- 1/3 cup cilantro, chopped
- Thick French bread slices to serve (optional)
1. cups of cold water and cook over medium high heat. Once it starts boiling, reduce heat to a simmer, and partially cover with the lid. They will take somewhere around 40 minutes to be tender.
Have you tried Fava Beans?