MAKES 1 3/4 CUP
- 1 Medium sized tomato or 2 small plum tomatoes, cored and diced.
- 1/3 Cup of red onion, finely chopped
- 2 Habanero peppers*
- 3 Tbsp. Cilantro, finely chopped.
- 2 Tbsp. fresh orange juice
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lime juice
- Salt to taste.
* If you are used to eating hot sauces, adjust the amount of peppers to your own liking.
**If you refrigerate this sauce at least 1/2 an hour prior to serving, the flavors will combine together in a pleasant taste. The salt will help release the tomatoes’ juice, and this will render a watery sauce. If you don’t like this watery effect, season with salt at serving time.
1. Place chopped tomato and onion in a medium size bowl.
4. Stir in the orange and lime juice and mix gently. Season with salt.**