Hearts of Palm Salad
- 400 g./14 oz. can of Hearts of Palm drained and cut into large pieces
- 1 large or 2 small shallots, sliced in rings
- 2 spring onions chopped
- 4 Roma Tomatoes sliced lengthwise in thick pieces
- 3 – 4 radishes sliced
- 1 Habanero pepper deseeded and sliced
- 1 large ripe avocado cut into chunks
- 1 bunch of cilantro about 1/2 cup, chopped
- 2 – 3 tablespoons of capers drained
- Juice of 1 large or 2 small limes
- 2 tablespoons of sherry vinegar or red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
In a small bowl, whisk together all ingredients to make the vinaigrette.
In a larger bowl, mix together all the salad ingredients.
Next, pour the vinaigrette over the salad and gently mix well so as not to blemish the pieces.
Finish with a sprinkle of sea salt right before serving.
*Look for the Hearts of Palms in the condiments section of your local supermarket or you can buy them ONLINE.