This is an easy frozen treat that you can make at home in a matter of minutes, and you probably already have all the ingredients needed in your kitchen. Instead of buying a frozen snack at the store, make it at home, you won’t believe how easy it is to make this recipe, and the best part is, both kids and adults will love it!Champolas are common in the southern states of Campeche, Yucatan, and Quintana Roo. Even the State of Veracruz in the Gulf of Mexico has its own version. According to Chef David Sterling from the Mexican Cooking School “Los Dos” in Yucatan, they are also popular throughout the Caribbean, from Cuba to Puerto Rico. The Guanabana fruit is the classic flavor for a Champola, but nowadays you can find many other fruit flavors.
I will share with you two ways in which to prepare the Champola: one using frozen fruit, and another using fresh fruit.
How to make Champola Recipe
- Place all the ingredients into the blender and process until you have a smooth milkshake-like texture. That’s it, guys! Enjoy! (Please check the ingredients list below)
- 2 Cups of frozen mango chunks
- 1 cup of milk
- 2 Tablespoons of sugar
- 2 Cups fresh mango pulp only.
- 1 cup of ice cubes
- ¼ cup of condensed milk
- Cinnamon powder optional
Place all the ingredients into the blender and process until you have a smooth milkshake-like texture. That’s it guys! Enjoy!
- You can use other fruits like berries, peaches, guavas, cantaloupe, or mamey; I’m just giving you an idea, your imagination is the limit here.
- Some people also add a little vanilla and top it off with some cinnamon powder.
If you ever visit Yucatan, I hope you try to taste Guanabana or Mamey flavors, my favorite!
If you like the recipe don’t forget to leave a comment!