This week Tequila Don Julio hosted a delightful dinner party at the new Malmasion Restaurant, right at the waterfront in the Georgetown area of Washington, DC. We enjoyed an outstanding dinner presented by Chef Malcolm Mitchel, who incorporated Tequila Don Julio as an ingredient in the 3-course meal, while the Mixologist Andy Saymour prepared some spectacular drinks using Tequila DON JULIO as the main ingredient.
Tequila is famously made in the Mexican town of Tequila, in the State of Jalisco. The only alcoholic beverages that can be named “Tequila” are the ones made out of the Blue Agave (or, “Agave Azul”) grown in the states of Jalisco, Michoacán, Nayarit, Guanajuato, and Tamaulipas. Tequila’s popularity is rapidly growing among connoisseurs from all over the world and is becoming a favorite mixer drink in parties and social events in the United States.
As a conservative cook, sometimes I always go for the traditional foods and drinks. And with drinks using Tequila, I usually settle for a “Margarita” or “Tequila Sunrise”, but after tasting these delicious cocktails, I’m changing my mind.
Created by Mixologist Andy Seymour
Cocktail Recipes Using Tequila
- Combine Tequila Don Julio Reposado, Malbec wine, pomegranate juice and simple syrup into a cocktail shaker filled with ice. (Please check the ingredients list below)
- Shake vigorously and strain into a wine glass.
- Garnish with an orange wheel.
PUNCH DE LA CASA
- Combine all ingredients in a large punch bowl over a large block of ice.
- Stir ingredients and serve.
- 1 ounce Tequila Don Julio Reposado
- 2 ounces Malbec Wine
- 3/4 ounce Pomegranate Juice
- 1 ounce Simple Syrup
- Orange Wheel for Garnish
- Wine Glass
- 3 1/3 bottles Tequila Don Julio 70 Añejo
- 1/3 liter Mezcal Del Maguey Santo Domingo or Vida recommended
- 3 cups Strong Black Tea
- 1 1/2 liters Water
- 12 dashes Aromatic Bitters Angostura Bitters recommended
- 5 cups Fresh Grapefruit Juice
- 3 cups Clementine or Tangerine Juice
- 2 cups Fresh Lemon Juice
- 8 ounces Agave Nectar or to taste
- *Oleo Sacrum
- *Peels of 4 lemons 4 grapefruits muddled with 2 cups of sugar
- Rocks Glass
Combine Tequila Don Julio Reposado, Malbec wine, pomegranate juice and simple syrup into a cocktail shaker filled with ice.
Shake vigorously and strain into a wine glass.
Garnish with an orange wheel.
Combine all ingredients in a large punch bowl over a large block of ice.
Stir ingredients and serve.
Do you know that the Distilled Spirits Council of The United States (DISCUS) has declared that the following Wednesday after Thanksgiving is the “National Tequila Day” in the USA? and that 80% of the Export Production of Tequila is consumed in USA and the 20% left is for the rest of the world. So America likes some Tequila!
Enjoy, and drink responsibly!
Share on your social networks; it only takes 5 seconds. Thanks!