Say hello to one of your next favorite recipes, Creamy Chipotle Chicken Breast! I am always trying to make new recipes that take less time to make but can still satisfy my Mexican taste buds, and I’m also always wanting to try new things and maybe get out of my comfort zone a little. All this meant that I was very excited when I came up with this new delicious way to prepare chicken breasts using a brand of premium products that I’ve trusted for years.
Creamy Chipotle Chicken Breast
“This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. Opinions & recipe are mine alone. #RediscoverLaMorena #VivaLaMorena #CollectiveBias”
This Creamy Chipotle Chicken Breast recipe is easy to make, just takes a few minutes to be ready, and renders a delicious and beautiful looking meal for the whole family. As a matter of fact, it was a hit with my guys here at home, and it had me licking the frying pan, literally!
This recipe is more modern than traditional and is fitting for all of you that have a busy life and want to come home and spend less time cooking and more time enjoying the family. It uses one key ingredient that many of you love: LA MORENA® Chipotle Peppers in Adobo. I have been using peppers from LA MORENA® to make traditional dishes for years, and it was refreshing to know that I could also add new, unique flavors and recipes to my repertoire with those same products.
How to make Creamy Chipotle Chicken Breast
I'm happy to find my favorite brand of LA MORENA® Pickled Jalapeños peppers and LA MORENA® Chipotle Peppers at my local Fiesta Supermarket.
- You can use another cut of chicken; the cooking time may vary depending on the cut.
- The addition of the 2 peppers will be a little too spicy for some, but the cream and milk sauce will make it very tolerable.
- This sauce can also be used for shrimp, just cook the creamy chipotle sauce first and then add the shrimp to cook for 5-6 minutes in the end.
- Season the chicken breasts with garlic powder, salt, and pepper. (Please check the ingredients list below)
- Heat oil in a large skillet.
- Add the chicken breasts and cook for 3 minutes per side, turning once.
- While the chicken is cooking, add the heavy cream, milk, the 2 LA MORENA® Chipotles in Adobo peppers, and powdered chicken bouillon into your blender. Process for a couple of minutes until it has a fine texture.
- Turn the heat to medium and pour the creamy chipotle mixture into slowly cook. Make sure to watch the heat, as the sauce has to be gently simmering, NOT boiling. Too much heat will affect the cream and it will curdle. Cook for 4 minutes and then add the chicken breasts.
- Cook for 4 more minutes.
Serve immediately with rice or vegetables and garnish with parsley. Thank you for trying this recipe, it is always fun to rediscover new options of using the ingredients we love like.
Rediscover more flavors and recipes with La [email protected]
Other recipes using Chipotles: Chipotle Tuna Sandwich & Chipotle Meatballs. I’m very selective with whom I partner up with as I don’t want to overwhelm my readers with products & sponsorships. Therefore, if you see a company or product I’m working with, it’s because they rock! They help this little blog of mine keep producing delish recipes and showing you the things I love.
Don't forget to share on your Social Channels, and if you make the recipe come back to let me know about your experience with the recipe.
Creamy Chipotle Chicken Breast
- 1 lb. of Chicken breast cut into 4-oz. serving sizes*
- 1 teaspoon ground garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- 1 cup of heavy cream
- 1 cup of milk whole
- 2 Chipotle peppers in Adobo from LA MORENA® Brand
- 1 Tablespoon of powdered chicken bouillon
- 2 Parsley sprigs to garnish
I’m happy to find my favorite brand of LA MORENA® Pickled Jalapeños peppers and LA MORENA® Chipotle Peppers at my local Fiesta Supermarket.
- Season the chicken breasts with garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- Heat oil in a large skillet to medium high.
- Once the oil is hot, add the chicken breasts and cook for 3 minutes per side, turning once. They have to look lightly golden. Remove the chicken and place on a plate.
- While the chicken is cooking, add the heavy cream, milk, LA MORENA®Chipotles in Adobo, and powdered chicken bouillon into your blender. Process for a couple of minutes until it has a fine texture.
- Using a paper towel, clean up any excess oil from the skillet where you cooked the chicken. Turn the heat to medium and pour the creamy chipotle mixture in to slowly cook. Make sure to watch the heat, as the sauce has to be gently simmering, NOT boiling. Too much heat will affect the cream and it will curdle. Cook for 4 minutes and then add the chicken breasts.
- Cook for 4 more minutes, turning the chicken breasts if needed to have an even cooking.
What can I substitute milk with? Sensitivity to cow milk!
You can use a vegan option, like almond milk or soy milk.
I made this pretty much as written (my bf loves spicy so I added 5 cups of milk/ heavy cream mix to 6 peppers). I also added some cornstarch to thicken it some. Omg…He said this was one of the BEST things I’ve ever made for him and he has been scarfing it down. I asked him what can I make for him next, and he said “you can make that chipotle chicken again, and again, and again. I LOVE it.” Lol! Thank you so much for amazing recipe.
Que delicia esta receta, Mely!
If you don’t have heavy cream, what do you think about using Philadelphia cream cheese?
That is a great substitution!
I made this for dinner last week! It was a big hit even with my kids. I love easy recipes!
Mely thank you for another great recipe. I needed a dish for work potluck, so I tripled the sauce and served it over fettuccine with shredded chicken. Topped with chopped cilantro and parmesan cheese. Everyone enjoyed it. Thank you again!
That addition of cilantro and cheese sounds delicious for this Creamy Chipotle Chicken Breast. Well done!
Four out of my six kids thought this was the best dinner ever.