POLLO ASADO ADOBADO
Grilled Chicken, or, as we call it, “Pollo Asado,” is also sold at local businesses to dine in or to carry out. Today’s recipe is for a grilled chicken marinade in an adobo sauce made using Guajillo pepper and spices. This sauce really enhances the flavors of the chicken.
POLLO ASADO RECIPE
- 4 Bone-in Chicken pieces (About 6 ounces each)
- Salt to season
- 3 Guajillo peppers, seeds and veins removed.
- 1 teaspoon Badia Sazón Completa OR 1/2 tsp garlic powder & 1/tsp onion powder
- 1 teaspoon Mexican oregano
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ cup lime juice
- ½ cup water
- 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil
- It’s a versatile recipe that can be adjusted to your personal taste, regarding how much spices you want to add to the guajillo pepper marinade. Perhaps you might like to add more cumin or oregano.
- “Badia Sazón Completa” is a garlic and onion seasoning with some added herbs to enhance the flavor.
plenty of warm corn tortillas. And, of course, a glass of Santa Rita wine!