Refried Beans Recipe
How to make Refried Beans Recipe
- Heat the oil or lard in a frying pan over a medium-low heat. (Please check the ingredients list below)
- Start frying the onions until they become transparent and start to brown.
- Add the beans and mash down until they become a paste. Taste to check if they need salt
- Tilt the frying pan sideways and form a roll with the bean paste.
HOW TO MAKE REFRIED BEANS RECIPE
- 3 cups of cooked beans with some of its broth.
- 1/3 cup finely chopped white onion
- 3 Tablespoons of lard vegetable oil, bacon or chorizo drippings
- To garnish: Mexican Crumbling Cheese and Tortilla chips.
- Salt to taste
- Heat the oil or lard in a frying pan over a medium-low heat.
- Start frying the onions until they are transparent and start to brown.
- Add the beans and mash down using a potato masher until they become a paste. Blend to a smooth puree and then add them to the frying pan where the onions are being browned. "They will become a thick puree, keep scrapping from the edges and bottom of the pan. If you prefer to add a little more oil, this is the time".
- Tilt the frying pan sideways and form a roll with the bean paste. I like to flip them like pancakes a little bit. Taste to check if it needs salt.
To serve, place them on a plate. Sprinkle with cheese and garnish with tortilla chips.