Refried Beans Recipe
How to make Refried Beans Recipe
- Heat the oil or lard in a frying pan over a medium-low heat. (Please check the ingredients list below)
- Start frying the onions until they become transparent and start to brown.
- Add the beans and mash down until they become a paste. Taste to check if they need salt
- Tilt the frying pan sideways and form a roll with the bean paste.
Beans, along with rice and corn, are one of the trilogies of Mexican cuisine, another one is tomatoes, peppers, and onion. But today it is about the beans, the perfect refried beans, that’s it. To serve, place them on a plate. Sprinkle with cheese and garnish with tortilla chips.
- 3 cups of cooked beans with some of its broth.
- 1/3 cup finely chopped white onion
- 3 Tablespoons of lard vegetable oil, bacon or chorizo drippings
- To garnish: Mexican Crumbling Cheese and Tortilla chips.
- Salt to taste
Heat the oil or lard in a frying pan over a medium-low heat.
Start frying the onions until they are transparent and start to brown.
Add the beans and mash down using a potato masher until they become a paste. Blend to a smooth puree and then add them to the frying pan where the onions are being browned. "They will become a thick puree, keep scrapping from the edges and bottom of the pan. If you prefer to add a little more oil, this is the time".
Tilt the frying pan sideways and form a roll with the bean paste. I like to flip them like pancakes a little bit. Taste to check if it needs salt.
I can add chop bacon before the onions, you could also use chorizo