Do you love pork chops? Then you will love this recipe! These smoked pork chops are cooked, chopped down into bite-size pieces, and then simmered in an amazing chipotle sauce that will have your mouth watering before you even take the first bite. The smoky flavor of the smoked pork chops is offset by the spicy tanginess of the sauce. It's very delicious!
I know most family gatherings in the summer prefer a traditional barbecue where, the men of the family take charge of the grill and cook the classic steaks, hotdogs, and hamburgers.
But seriously, the weather here in Texas this summer has been so hot that I do not even want to think about preparing a cookout!
For these hot days when you want to enjoy a family gathering but want to spend less time on the grill, then organize a potluck gathering.
In México, we used to do that almost every weekend when I was living in Toluca. Each family will bring a dish, usually a stew in a clay pot, a salad, or dessert, and then we just turn the fire on and everyone will place their pot to warm the meal and the tortillas.
Less time cooking and more time enjoying the family and the outdoors!
My go-to dish for these potlucks is this recipe for smoked pork chops in chipotle sauce and it's always a hit at parties.
Frequently Asked Questions About Smoked Pork Chops
Before I share this recipe, here are a few questions I've been asked and wanted to answer.
Where can I buy chipotle sauce?
I consider myself a conscious buyer and for this reason, I like to buy some of my Mexican groceries at Walmart, right at the Hispanic food section.
Years ago, this was not possible, but now I can even find “La Morena” products here! I know that not everyone has access to authentic Mexican products, but if you try to find them, they really add the authentic flavor to our Mexican dishes.
Can I use whole pork chops?
Yes! You can either cook the pork chops whole or chopped like the way I present them here.
Can I use other types of meat besides pork?
If you do not like smoked pork chops, smoked turkey is a good substitute! You can also make this dish with chicken thighs and it's just as delicious.
How long does smoked pork chops last in the fridge?
Smoked pork chops will stay fresh, even after being refrigerated for up to two days!
Can smoked meat go bad?
No, there is no need to worry about your smoked meats going bad within just one day. You can store them safely in the fridge and save them for later.
Just remember that smoked meat tastes better when you eat it on the same day than when eating it next week because some of its flavors are lost over time.
Smoked Pork Chops In Chipotle Sauce
This pork recipe is very delicious and the chipotle sauce makes it even better.
Here's what you need:
- Vegetable oil
- Smoked pork chops
- Tomatoes (chopped)
- White onion (chopped)
- Garlic cloves (chopped)
- Canned chipotles
- Salt and pepper
- Parsley and cilantro (optional)
Please note: For exact measurements of the ingredients listed above, scroll down to the recipe card located at the bottom of this post!
How To Make Smoked Pork Chops In Chipotle Sauce: Step By Step Tutorial
To make things easier for you, I am going to break down the directions to this recipe into sections.
Cook Smoked Pork
- Cut the pork chops into bite-size cubes, about ¾-in.
- Heat oil in a large skillet and stir-fry the meat for about 6-8 minutes until golden brown.
Make Chipotle Sauce
- While the meat is frying, place tomatoes, onion, garlic, canned chipotles, and ½ cup of water in your blender.
- Process it until you have a very smooth salsa.
- Once the pork is golden brown, remove it from the skillet and set it aside.
- Drain any excess fat from the skillet, place back to medium-high heat and add the chipotle salsa.
- Once it starts boiling reduce heat to simmer for 5 minutes.
- Return the cubes of smoked pork chops to the skillet, season with salt and pepper, and keep simmering for about 6 more minutes.
- The salsa will reduce and the flavors will be well blended.
Serve and enjoy!
What To Serve With Chipotle Pork Chops
More Authentic Mexican Recipes To Enjoy
If you enjoyed this recipe for smoked pork chops, take a look at some of these other authentic Mexican recipes:
- Pork Ribs In Spicy Tomato Sauce
- Cochito Al Horno
- Pork Ribs In Salsa Verde
- Tacos Al Pastor
- Mexican Pork Leg Torta
I hope you make these Mexican pork chops in chipotle sauce! If this recipe was of any help to you, come back to let me know your experience. Please leave us a comment done below and tell us all about it!
Smoked Pork Chops in Chipotle Sauce
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- 2 lbs smoked pork chops
- 20 oz tomatoes chopped
- ¼ of a medium size white onion chopped
- 2 garlic cloves chopped
- 3 La Morena canned chipotles
- Salt and pepper
- Parsley and cilantro for garnish optional
- Cut the pork chops into bite-size cubes, about ¾-In. Heat oil in a large skillet and stir-fry the meat for about 6-8 minutes until golden brown.
- While the meat if frying, place tomatoes, onion, garlic, La Morena canned chipotles and ½ cup of water in your blender. Process it until you have a very smooth salsa.
- Once meat is golden brown, remove from the skillet and set aside. Drain any excess fat from the skillet and place back to medium-high heat and add the Chipotle salsa. Once it starts boiling reduce heat to simmer for 5 minutes.
- Return the cubes of smoked pork chops to the skillet, season with salt and pepper, and keep simmering for about 6 more minutes. The salsa will reduce and the flavors will be well blended.