Charro Beans Soup
Charro Beans Soup, this traditional Mexican recipe uses pinto beans, chorizo, bacon, tomatoes, onions, and other tasty ingredients.
– Place the beans and its broth in a large stockpot and set aside.
Fry the bacon and chorizo in a skillet over medium heat for about 10 minutes. If you prefer to cook the bacon first until it gets crispy and remove the fat, then add the chorizo to cook with the bacon.
– After 5 minutes add the onion, garlic, and pepper and fry for 2 more minutes.
– Stir in the Chopped tomato and cook, stirring occasionally for an additional 8 minutes.
– Once the tomato has released its juices stir in this mixture to the pot with the beans. Add ham and pork crackling is using at this time. And simmer for about 15 minutes, to blend the flavors. Add water if necessary. The consistency shouldn’t be thick.
– Add salt — to adjust taste — and chopped cilantro right before serving.