1 hr 10 mins
– Place the meat pieces in the pot and add the onion, garlic, and bay leaf. Cover with 8 cups of water and close the pot. Set the cooking time to the Meat setting. This will take 45 minutes in the Instant Pot. Ancho pepper salsa Preparation
– While the meat is cooking, add the peppers to a bowl or saucepan with warm water to soak. After 20 minutes the peppers will be soft.
– Remove the peppers from the soaking water and place them into your blender along with the slice of onion, small garlic clove, and 2 cups of water. Process until you have a fine salsa. Set aside.
– Once the meat is cooked, remove from the pot and place in a large container and wait until it is cool enough to handle. Once it has cooled down, finely shred it using a pair of forks.
– Warm the oil in a frying pan at medium-low heat, then pour the salsa in and stir. Cook for about 5 minutes and then reduce the heat to low. Add the shredded meat, and season with cumin, oregano, salt, and pepper. Keep cooking for another 5 minutes. Check the seasoning again, in case it needs any adjustments. Now, it is ready to serve and enjoy with warm flour tortillas, a hot tomatillo Salsa Verde, or the salsa of your choice. Enjoy!