Avocado Ice Cream
I’m so happy to be able to share this recipe for Avocado Ice Cream with you. Avocados are common fare on every Mexican table, either as a side dish or as an ingredient. In fact, many Mexican dishes would be incomplete without the beloved avocado.
– First, line a rectangular loaf pan with plastic wrap and set aside. Place a large glass bowl in the freezer for at least one hour before preparing the ice cream. Freezing the bowl helps create more volume when whipping the cream.
– Place the scooped out avocados in the medium size bowl, slightly mash with the back of a spoon. Add the condensed milk, lime juice, and lime zest, and stir.
– Mix these ingredients using the electric mixer on a low speed for about 2 minutes or until the mixture looks homogenous. Set aside.
Now, wash your mixer beaters and thoroughly dry them with a kitchen towel. Remove large bowl from the freezer, and pour in the heavy cream.
– Gradually add small amounts of the avocado mixture using a spatula, gently folding into the whipped cream. Keep adding the avocado mix until all the mix has been incorporated.
– Place this mixture into the already prepared loaf pan, smooth the surface, and cover with the plastic wrap. Freeze your avocado ice cream mixture for at least 4 hours. To serve, thaw the ice cream for at least 5 minutes just to soften it and then scoop the ice cream into small serving bowls. Enjoy!