1 hr 40 mins
– Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
– Clean chicken by rinsing it inside and out. If it has excess fat, remove it, and pat dry with paper towels. Tuck the wing tips under the body. Season the inside of the chicken well with salt and pepper. Place the half head of garlic inside the chicken cavity.
– Mix rosemary, lime juice, lime zest, butter and mashed garlic to form a paste.
– Brush the chicken with the butter-lime mix all over, then season the chicken with salt and pepper. Tie the legs together with a kitchen string. Place chicken in roasting pan.
– Roast the chicken for 1 ½ hours; you can use a meat thermometer to check for doneness. The breast temperature should read 180 degrees. (If adding the carrots and potatoes.
– Mix carrots and potatoes, then season with salt and pepper. Add the olive oil and 2 sprigs of rosemary. After the chicken has been in the oven for 45 minutes, add the potato/carrot mixture to the roasting pan, where they will cook with the chicken juices and flavors.
– Once the chicken is done, remove from oven, and cover with aluminum foil for about 10-15 minutes. Serve with the vegetables.