This recipe was given to me several years ago by an old man from Michoacan, who used to have a small restaurant near Atlanta, Georgia. I feel bad that I never asked his name, in order to give him credit for this recipe.
– Season steak with garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
– Heat 2 Tbsps. Of vegetable oil in a large frying pan over medium-high. Once hot, add the steak and cook for 5 minutes (in this time the meat will release its juices).
– Add the beer and the Knorr beef bouillon. Dissolve the beef bouillon in the beer and meat juice with the help of a wooden spoon. Lower the heat, cover, and keep cooking.
– While the meat is cooking, heat the other 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil in the second frying pan over a high heat. Once the oil is hot, add the onions. Stir-fry the onion for about 8 minutes until golden brown, but still crisp.
.– Bistec encebollado - steak and onions
– Add the browned onions to the steak’s frying pan, mix, and keep cooking for about 3 minutes, just enough time to blend all the flavors. Taste to check if it doesn’t need more salt or pepper.