Bistec a la Mexicana
Bistec a la Mexicana or in this case Beef tips Mexican Style are very easy to prepare the meal. It requires few ingredients and in a short amount of time, you have dinner ready. The combination of tomatoes, onion, garlic and serrano peppers render a mouthwatering sauce that pairs divinely with the meat.
– Using a molcajete or mortar, grind the black peppercorns and cumin. Add the garlic and crush to form a paste.
.– Add the spices paste to the beef tips and mix. Add salt. Let it marinate for at least 10 minutes in the refrigerator.
– Meanwhile chop the tomatoes, serrano peppers and onion.
– In a large skillet heat the oil at medium high heat.
– Add the onion and cook for about 3 minutes and add the beef tips and garlic. Keep cooking until beef is browned. About 8 minutes.
– Add the serrano peppers and keep cooking for 2 more minutes.
– Now add the tomatoes and season with salt. Cook for about 12 more minutes until sauce thickens and meat is tender.
– You can accompany this dish with Mexican rice, beans and tortillas. I prefer bread to dip into the sauce.