– Place blackberries in a saucepan with 1 ½ cup of water. Turn heat to medium-high and cook. Once the water starts boiling, reduce heat and keep simmering for 5 minutes.
– While the berries are cooking, mix the 6 tablespoons of corn flour in a small bowl with 1 cup of water and set aside.
– Once the blackberries are cooked, place blackberries and cooking water into a blender. Wait some minutes for it to cool, and then process for a few seconds. Pour the fruit mixture into a bowl using a strainer to remove the seeds.
– Now, place the remaining 1 ½ cup of water into the saucepan with the shredded piloncillo or sugar, and turn heat to medium-high to dissolve the piloncillo. Once the water starts boiling, add the corn masa mixture Make sure it is very well mixed, if not you will have clumps. If you prefer, you can use a strainer to pour the cornflour mixture. Keep cooking at.
– medium heat, stirring frequently to avoid the mixture from sticking to the bottom; it will take about 5 more minutes to start thickening.
– Now, add the blackberry mixture and stir. Keep cooking and stirring at medium heat for about 12 more minutes.