– Place the corn flour, salt, butter, and cheese in a bowl, and stir to mix well. Once these ingredients are completely mixed, add the chopped cilantro.
– Slowly add the warm water and knead to form a soft dough, it will feel a little sticky. The total kneading time will be about 4-5 minutes. Divide the dough into 8 small balls.
– Heat the griddle over a medium heat, and, using a paper napkin, dab the surface with a little oil. These little patties sometimes tend to stick to the griddle.
– To form the patties/bocoles, place each ball of dough between two pieces of plastic, place on your tortilla maker, and gently press down to form a circle of 2-½ inches in diameter and about ⅓-in thick.
– Place each formed patty on the hot griddle and cook for 2-½ minutes, then turn and cook for 3-½ to 4 minutes and then turn again to cook for 2 more minutes. Remove from the griddle and cover with a kitchen napkin to keep them warm while you cook the rest of the dough.