– Place peppers, onion, and garlic clove in a saucepan, cover with water and turn heat to medium-high. Once the water starts boiling, turn down the heat to precook the peppers. The tomatoes are so small that they require less cooking time. When you see that the peppers are almost cooked (about 8 to 10 minutes), add the tomatoes and cook for 3-4 minutes. Remove saucepan from heat and let cool for a little while before placing into the blender. Do not discard the cooking liquid.
– Once the tomatoes and peppers have cooled a little, place the peppers, onion, and garlic into the blender. Process for a few seconds in the lower setting just to get a chunky texture. Then, add the tomatoes and half a cup of the cooking water. Turn the blender on again for a few seconds to get the same consistency as the peppers.
– Heat the oil in a large skillet. Once it’s hot, pour the sauce, and when it starts boiling add an extra half cup of the cooking liquid. Season with salt, stir, and simmer at a low heat for about 5 minutes.
– Check again in case it needs more salt. If you are using it as a table sauce, you can add a little bit more of the cooking liquid.
– Check again in case it needs more salt. If needed, you can add a little bit more of the cooking liquid.