– Cut the dried peppers using your kitchen scissors and remove seeds and veins. Place in a medium-size bowl and cover with three cups of hot water. To keep them submerged, place a plate over them. Soak for 30 minutes or until they are soft.
– Drain the softened peppers, onion, garlic and 1 ½ cup of cold water in your blender. Process until you have a very smooth sauce.
– Pour the sauce into a large frying pan using a strainer. Turn the heat to medium and cook the sauce for about 5 minutes. Add a teaspoon Knorr beef or chicken bouillon.
– Add the chopped carnitas and stir. Keep cooking for about 10 to 12 minutes until the meat is very tender and it starts to shred when you introduce a fork in it. Taste and season with salt and pepper. By this time, the meat will release it’s fat and it will float on the surface.
– frying pan with a fork. To serve over warm corn tortillas, a good salsa, and some pickled carrots.