– Heat the oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Season chicken with salt and pepper.
– Add the chicken to frying pan to sear for about 7-8 minutes per side. Once the chicken is browned remove from pan and keep warm.
– Add onion and cook for about 2 minutes. Stir in the garlic and carrots and cook for 5 minutes before adding the potatoes.
– Chicken Stew Veracruz Style 4. Cook the vegetables 2 more minutes after adding the potatoes.
– Place chopped tomatoes and cup of water into a blender and process until smooth. Pour tomato mixture into the frying pan using a colander or sieve.
– Add the chicken; bring to a boil and then lower the heat to simmer. Add bay leaves, thyme, marjoram, olives, raisins, and capers. Season with salt and pepper and cover. Simmer until chicken and vegetables are cooked (about 10-12 minutes). The cooking time will vary depending on the size and type of chicken pieces.