– Preheat your oven to 175º Celsius. In a large bowl, beat the egg whites until they form peaks, then slowly mix in (while still beating) the egg yolks one by one. Also mix in half of the sugar.
– Sift the flour and baking powder and add to the mixture along with the rest of the sugar. Do this slowly, gently turning over the batter, in order to preserve its spongy consistency.
– When adding the butter, you must first mix it separately with a small portion of the batter, then incorporate it slowly into the rest.
– Pour the mixture into your prepared mold and bake for 20 minutes. The crust must be firm and have a slightly golden color.
– ALLOW THE CAKE TO COOL COMPLETELY BEFORE HANDLING IT. CUT IT INTO LONG PIECES RANGING FROM 5 TO 8 CM IN LENGTH. IT IS TRADITIONALLY CUT IN A DIAMOND PATTERN.