Main Course, Tacos
– Place the RUMBA® oxtail pieces, onion, garlic, and bay leaf in a Dutch oven or soup pot, then cover with 8 cups of water. Bring to a boil and reduce heat to simmer. Cook until the meat is tender and you can remove the bones effortlessly.
– While the meat is cooking, roast the guajillo peppers and the garlic clove over a skillet over medium heat. The guajillo peppers will be ready in a matter of seconds; remove them when you see that they start changing color and releasing their aroma.
– Place guajillo peppers in a bowl with warm water to soak for 20 minutes.
– Roast the tomatoes in the same skillet; turn to have an even roasting (this step will take 5-6 minutes). Once they are ready, chop and place in your blender along with the roasted garlic and chipotle pepper, just make sure to remove the garlic’s charred skin.
– Drain the peppers and place in your blender with the tomatoes, garlic, cumin, oregano, and ½ cup of the oxtail cooking broth or water. Process until you have a sauce with a beautiful texture.
– Heat lard or oil in a medium-size skillet, add the onion slices and fry until transparent. Pour the sauce in and simmer for about 8 minutes.
– Discard the bones from the oxtail, add all the meat pieces to the sauce, and keep cooking for another 8 minutes. Season with salt and more pepper, if needed according to your taste.
.– To serve, warm corn tortillas over a hot comal/skillet, spoon on some of the oxtail adobo sauce and garnish with chopped cilantro, onion, and radishes.