– Heat 3 tablespoons of oil in a large skillet and start frying the tortillas until golden and crisp in batches. You might need to do 2 or 3 batches to avoid overcrowding the skillet. Drain the tortillas on paper towels. Repeat the process until you finish with the rest of the tortillas.
– Clean the frying pan with a paper towel, turn the heat to medium, and add 1 tablespoon of oil.
– Add the sauce, and once it comes to a boil, turn the heat down and cook for 5 minutes. Season the sauce with salt and pepper.
– Carefully stir in the tortillas to avoid breaking them. Add the turkey or chicken and coat it with the salsa. Cook for 2 minutes for crispy chilaquiles, if you want a softer texture let it cook for 1 more minute.
– Serve garnished with crumbled cheese, cilantro, onion, and topped with the cream. Serve with “Refried beans”. Avocado is also a good addition to this plate.