– In a large bowl, pour 1 cup of water and the lime juice and stir.
– Dice the apples. As you’re dicing the apples, place them in the bowl with the lime-water to keep them from becoming brown. Once you finish dicing the apples, make sure to toss them well with the lime-water and then drain the water.
– Place diced apples chopped celery, raisins, and pecans in a large bowl and mix well.
– In a small bowl, mix the cream with the mayonnaise. (If you want to add the diced pineapple, shredded coconut, and small marshmallows, do so in this step.) Pour over the chopped fruit and stir, season with salt and pepper*.
– You can either serve it on small plates over small lettuce leaves or in small glass cups, garnished with cherries and the curly parsley sprigs.