– Finely dice the onion and the Serrano pepper (if you don’t want it to be too spicy, remove the seeds and the veins). Place in a medium-size serving bowl or a Molcajete if you own one.
– Cut the tomato in half and remove the seeds (you can do this by using a tablespoon to scoop them out). Dice the tomato and place it with the onion and Serrano pepper.
– Place the tips of the cilantro together and chop them very finely. Stir the chopped cilantro in with the onion, tomato, and pepper.
– Now, cut the avocado in half, and with the help of the knife, remove the seed. Use a large spoon to remove the avocado pulp, and dice into ⅓-in. cubes (you can also dice the avocado directly in its shell and then remove it with a spoon). Gently mix the avocado pulp with the rest of the ingredients in the bowl. It will get a little smashed, but just a little.
– Season with salt and drizzle with lime juice. Grab those crispy tortilla chips and enjoy!