– Divide the masa (corn dough) into 12 pieces and roll into balls. Cover with a damp kitchen towel or plastic wrap.
– Warm an ungreased skillet over medium heat.
– Put one of the balls between two plastic sheets into a tortilla press and press out to form a tortilla.
– Remove the top sheet of plastic and place on the skillet topping with a Tablespoon of the filling some strings of cheese. You can top it with an Epazote leaf too.
– Fold the dough in half to cover the filling. Seal the edges together if you wish. I don’t usually do it, but that is a personal preference.
– Cook until brown spots form on the underside and turn it over and cook the other side for another 4 to 5 minutes. The quesadilla will be slightly crunchy on the surface but soft inside.