– Fill a large saucepan or pot with water and add the 2 teaspoons of salt. Mix and turn heat to medium-high. Just make sure it is big enough for all your corn to fit properly. My pot only fits 3.
– Cut the ends of the corn and remove some of the outer husks, leave the rest of the husk on the corn, the husk gives them some extra flavor, and this is the way they are cooked in Mexico.
– Once the water is boiling, place the corn in the pot to cook.
– Lower the heat to medium and cover the pot with the lid. After 5 minutes (see notes above) check the corn for doneness. If they are tender remove from pot and pull out the husks the hot corn, carefully.
– To serve, spread cream and mayo, or mix them before spreading, add a few drops of lime juice, sprinkle with cheese, chili powder and salt to taste. Enjoy!