Cream of corn soup
This delicate Creamy Corn Soup is impressible easy to make and is the perfect soul-warming soup. No wonder corn is the base of our gastronomy in Mexico; we use it to make sweet and savory meals, as well as desserts and drinks.
– Pull off the cornhusks from the fresh sweet corn and remove. Cut the kernels using a sharp knife; be careful to remove only the grains.
– Melt butter in a saucepan over medium-low heat. Add onion and garlic. Cook, stirring to avoid sticking to the bottom until the onion and garlic are softened but not browned, about 5 minutes.
– Increase heat to medium-high; add the corn and the 2 cups of chicken broth, bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to medium-low and gently simmer for 15 minutes, or until corn is tender. Once, you cook the corn, remove about ½ cup of kernels with a slotted spoon and reserve for garnishing.
– While the soup simmers, mix the tablespoons of all-purpose flour with the 2 cups of milk. Mix well to avoid any lumps.
– Place milk and flour mixture into the blender and add the cooked corn kernels with the broth. Process the soup until smooth. Return pureed soup to the saucepan and simmer over medium heat until it’s hot and the soup thickens about five more minutes. Stir soup to avoid sticking to the pan. It should have a thick consistency. Season with salt and pepper to taste.