Discada Norteña Recipe, This recipe includes a varied selection of meats that are cooked together to form one of the most delicious treats you can imagine. Every single family has their own recipe, their own preference on the selection of cuts of meats, and even their favorite beer to add.
– In a large frying pan, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Once hot, add the bacon and cook until crispy. Remove and place on a plate to drain excess fat.
– Next, in the same frying pan, cook the chorizo, about 5-6 minutes. Remove and place on the plate with the bacon.
– Now, add the pork meat and cook for about 7 minutes and then remove. Don’t worry if it doesn’t yet look well done, it will finish cooking with the rest of the ingredients.
– Add the beef to the frying pan and cook for 8 minutes. Remove and place with the other already cooked ingredients.
– Stir in the diced onion and peppers in the frying pan and cook for about 3 minutes.
– Add the already cooked meat and the diced tomatoes. Cook for about 10 minutes (by this time, the tomatoes will start releasing their juices). Next, pour the beer, season with salt and pepper, and cover. Keep cooking for another 5 minutes until all the meats are soft and well cooked.
– Just before serving, stir in the chopped cilantro.