– Place the tomatillos, Serrano peppers, and garlic clove in a small saucepan and cover with water (about 4 cups). Cook at medium heat for about 15 minutes or until the tomatillos and Serrano peppers are cooked through.
– While the ingredients for the green salsa are cooking, heat half of the oil in a medium-size frying pan at medium-high heat.
– Lightly fry the tortillas, one by one, on both sides. Add the rest of the oil as needed. Do not allow the tortillas to get crispy, just fry them until they are soft and pliable. Place them on a plate and set aside.
– Once the tomatillos are cooked, wait until they have lightly cooled. Place the tomatillos, peppers, garlic, and a ¼ cup of the cooking water in your blender. Puree to make a smooth salsa.
– Now, add the LALA® Crema to the blender and puree again until you have a fine, light-green sauce.
– Drain any excess oil from the frying pan where you fried the tortillas. Pour the sauce into the skillet to warm it at medium-low heat.
– Dip each tortilla into the warm salsa, then, with the help of a large spatula, fold the tortilla in half, and place it on your serving plate. Place 3 enchiladas per plate. If you see that your salsa is reducing and getting thicker while warming it, you can add a little bit of the cooking water from the tomatillos.
– Top the Encremadas with a ¼ cup of Mexican crumbled cheese, and garnish with avocado slices and onion slices. Enjoy! Provecho!