– Heat oil in a medium-size saucepan, then add the chopped onion and garlic and sauté for about 1 minute.
– Stir in the chopped tomatoes and cook for about 4-5 minutes, until they release their juices.
– While the tomatoes are cooking, place fava beans in the blender with the warm water and Knorr Chicken bullion, and process until smooth.
– Pour this mixture into the saucepan and stir in the nopales. Season with salt and pepper and cook for about 5 minutes, until all the flavors have blended.
– Serve in bowls and garnish with chopped cilantro or parsley. We like to have some freshly oven-toasted multigrain bread on the side to dip into this creamy soup. Enjoy!