– Season fish with salt, pepper and lime juice. Set aside while you prepare the rest of the ingredients.
– Heat oil over low heat in a large frying pan. Once hot, fry the garlic slices until they are golden. Make sure to remove promptly once they are lightly golden, if you leave them longer they will get a bitter taste. This step takes a few seconds, so be very careful.
– If using the flour, dust the fillets with the flour, very lightly. Now, turn the heat to medium high on the frying pan where you cooked the garlic. Once hot, add the fish and cook on both sides. The cooking time will depend on the fish’s thickness. It will be about 2-3 minutes.
– per side for those fillets about ⅓ inch thick, and about 5-7 minutes for thicker fillets. Do not turn the fish until every side is golden and cooked.
– Remove this from the frying pan and place on a cooling rack with paper towel underneath to absorb any excess fat. To serve, garnish with the chopped parsley and golden garlic slices. (And if you add a little dab of butter, oh heavens!)