– Place chicken cutlets in a thick plastic bag and, with the smooth side of a mallet, gently pound the meat until you reach the desired thickness. If you don’t have a mallet, you can use the bottom of a heavy glass or a wooden rolling pin. Remove the cutlets from the bag and season with salt.
– In a small bowl, mix the lime juice, garlic powder, ground cumin, ground pepper and Mexican oregano.
– Brush the spice mix over the chicken cutlets; make sure both sides are well seasoned.
– Spray a large griddle or skillet with PAM Cooking Spray. Heat over medium-high heat until hot, and place the chicken cutlets.
– Cook for about 4 to 5 minutes per side, turning just once per side. Serve immediately with a salad and some warm corn tortillas or a serving of rice.