– Gather all your ingredients as indicated in the list above since this is a quick process. Wash and sterilize the glass canning jars, dry completely, and have them ready.
– Heat the olive oil in a non-aluminum pot over a medium-high flame.
– Add the sliced carrots and stir, cook for about 4-5 minutes, we are cooking them first since they take longer to cook than peppers. Do not over-cook the vegetables, they have to have some crunchiness at the end.
– After that time, add the jalapeños, garlic, and onion. If you’re adding other types of vegetables, add them at this time. Cook, stirring frequently for another 4-5 minutes.
– Add the rest of the ingredients, and bring to a boil, then reduce heat and gently simmer for 5 minutes. After that time, remove from heat, and allow to cool just for a few minutes.
– Divided the pickled jalapeños evenly between the jars. Let stand until cool. Close the lids tightly and refrigerate them.
– These pickled jalapeños can be kept in the refrigerator for up to a month.