– Cut the corn tortillas into 6 equal size triangles.
– Lay the tortilla triangles in a single layer on a baking sheet or a clean dry kitchen towel. You need to do this step overnight, or at least let them dry several hours before frying, in order to ensure crispy results. I usually leave them overnight on my kitchen counter or inside the oven.
– In case you don’t have the time to dry them overnight, just place them on a plate for about 30 seconds in your microwave on high power. Always arrange them in a single layer. You can also dry them in a 350°F-preheated oven for 5-8 minutes.
– Cover a plate with paper towels to absorb any excess oil after frying the chips.
– Heat ¼ cup of oil over medium heat, and once the oil is hot, start frying one layer of tortilla chips. (see notes above about heating the oil). The chips will start getting a golden color in a few minutes. After about 20 seconds, turn the chips over. Remove from pan once they are lightly golden and crispy all over. This step takes about a minute. Remove from frying pan and place on the napkin-covered plate.
– Keep frying the rest of the tortilla triangles in single-layer batches, and add more oil if needed. You won’t need that much oil, just make sure that you wait until it’s hot before you start another batch. Season the tortilla chips with salt and they are ready to enjoy!