– In a skillet at medium-high heat, warm one teaspoon of oil and add the onion and habanero pepper (whole). Fry until onion is transparent, making sure the Habanero pepper doesn’t burst. The Habanero pepper will render its flavor to the sauce this way without adding spiciness.
– Add the diced tomatoes and cook for about 7 minutes until the tomatoes have released all their juices and formed a thick sauce. Season with salt and set aside.
– Start gathering all your ingredients to assemble the dish and have them ready for serving once the eggs and tortillas are fried.
– Heat the rest of the oil in the frying pan and start frying the tortillas one by one. Fry the tortillas until they are a little crispy, this way they will hold the egg and sauce without breaking into pieces. Place each tortilla over a paper towel to drain any excess oil.
– Once all your tortillas had been fried, arrange 2 on each plate and spread the refried beans over the tortillas.
– In the same skillet where you fried the tortillas start frying the eggs, you can cook them over easy or sunny side up, that will be your personal choice. Place an egg over each tortilla. When all the eggs are cooked, cover them with the tomato sauce, leaving the egg yolk uncover if you wish. Garnish with the ham, peas, cheese and fried plantains. Serve warm.