Instant Pot Black Beans
Instant Pot Mexican Black beans taste amazing just like cooking the old fashion way but in a quick way. Instant Pot Black Beans Recipe. The process is the same for Pinto Beans.
– Clean the beans by removing any old or broken beans.
– Rinse the beans under running water using a strainer.
– Place the beans, water, garlic cloves, ¼ onion, and epazote leaves in the Instant Pot. You can also add the Epazote leaves in Step 5.
– Put the lid on and set the release valve to Sealing. Cook for 30 minutes using the Beans Setting. After this time, wait for the steam to be completely released.
– Take the lid off, then add the oil and season with salt. Stir and cook for 5 more minutes in the manual setting. Adding the oil will create a slightly thicker broth.
– After this time, your beans are ready to serve. Enjoy a warm bowl of beans cooked in your Instant Pot! If the beans still look a little too firm for your taste, cook them for five more minutes in the pressure-cooking setting.