Enjoy this quick recipe for a delicious Cream Cheese Pound cake. Perfect for your afternoon coffee. Easy preparation needed. Enjoy it today!... Before I tell you about this delicious recipe for “Panque” or Cream cheese pound cake, let me share a little bit our bread in Mexico.
– Preheat oven to 325F. Grease one 5 x 9 loaf pan. I like to grease the pan with vegetable shortening and then dust it with flour.
– Cream butter and cream cheese in a large bowl using a mixer on high speed. Add the sugar, little by little, until mixture gets fluffy.
– Reduce speed to medium, and add eggs one by one, then add vanilla extract.
– Add sugar gradually, scraping down the bowl sides.
– Reduce speed to low, and add flour and salt, adding flour little by little. Finally, stir in the pecans using a spatula. Place batter into the pan. Tap to settle the batter and smooth top with the spatula.
– Bake for 1 hour and 10 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean when you insert it. Let it cool on a wire rack for at least 20 minutes and then remove from pan. Completely cool before slicing.