Pollo Asado Recipe
Grilled Chicken, or, as we call it, Pollo Asado, is also sold at local businesses to dine in or to carry out. Today’s recipe is for a grilled chicken marinade in an adobo sauce made using Guajillo pepper and spices. This sauce really enhances the flavors of the chicken.
– Pat dry your chicken and season with salt. Place in a large bowl.
– Slightly toast the guajillo peppers on a hot griddle for a few seconds, turning once to avoid burning them. Once toasted, place in a medium-size bowl with hot water to soften. Let them soak for 25 minutes.
– When the peppers have softened, drain the soaking water and place the peppers in your blender pitcher. Add the Badia Sazón Completa, garlic powder, oregano, cumin, pepper, lime juice, water, and salt. Process for about one minute or until you have a very smooth sauce.
– Pass the sauce through a sieve if needed, to avoid having little pieces of pepper skins in the marinade. Pour the sauce over the chicken, making sure all the chicken pieces are covered with the guajillo pepper sauce. Place plastic wrap over the bowl and refrigerate for at least one hour to marinate.
– By the time you’re ready to grill your chicken, drain the chicken pieces (reserving any excess marinade) and let the chicken come to room temperature before grilling.
– Before grilling, brush vegetable oil over the chicken to avoid it from sticking to the grill.
– Grill the chicken on a preheated grill, brushing the grill with oil. While cooking the chicken, turn every 5 minutes, basting with the remaining guajillo marinade during the process. Continue until the chicken is cooked through, about 25 minutes.